Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Two In Quito





This first night I spent with my compñieros (these are my American classmates in case I didn’t explain that earlier) in la mariscal. Paula was supposed to meet up with us but she didn’t L We danced in a big circle in the middle of everything, taking over, the only ones who knew all the words to the American songs, then clumsily danced salsa when the locals take over and disperse our group with their dance invitations and their latin beats. The guys are great at rescuing any girl in an uncomfortable dance partnership, and its fun to learn and be good at salsa with a more agreeable partner.

Saturday we went on the telferiqo, a gondola ride on the mountain overlooking all of Quito. At the top you can see super far and on a clearer day all the surrounding snow topped volcanoes. You can also hike to the top, but we were not that ambitious! The evening I spent with paula again, my Quito connection. We went to a birthday party at her friends house… more dancing. Everything is dancing here, especially salsa, and everyone is good at it. Luckily I can hold my own so it is super fun! But I feel sorry for all the guys on my program who cant pick it up that fast, if you know what I mean haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment