Friday night I went to the house of a friend of paula (my quiteno friend from scripps) She runs in the top levels of society around here to this meant that there was a butler in a suite going around with a tray of beers and classy vodka, weird. And a dance floor and full sound system for the party. There weren’t even that many people there at all. It was kinda slow and everybody kept trying to speak English to me which was annoying but I kept coming back at them in Spanish and eventually it worked. Then as the night picked but the dancing started and we salsa-ed all night.
I slept at paula’s and in the morning I went with her and her friend to a national park about an hour away around a volcano called cotopaxi. It was pretty fun. Good quick and real Spanish to practice with and the park was really cool. We drove and walked all the way up to the snow line, super cold and windy, I thought I was gonna get blown off the edge. Then we went down and had a little sandwich lunch on of their moms had packed for them
(here everyone lives with their parents forever, until they are married almost so even at 25 they might be with the rent. Also the parents especially Paula’s are crazy over bearing and protective. Constantly asking who what were when how why… like high school but at 22 for paula. Not sure I could do it)
Anyway it was fun to hang out with some locals, practice my Spanish, and climb an incredible volcano.
We drove back to quito in time for la liga soccer game. This was super fun too. They played another quito team too so it was kind of heated, but they got their butts kicked 4-0. But this is because they were saving their players for a game against an Argentinean team for the South America cup. This was another good experience to have with the locals. We didn’t get ripped of when we bought the tickets from a scalper outside the stadium and we weren’t bothered at all (apparently games are good places to get robbed) LOVIN being were people actually care about soccer and hope to go to the Ecuador Uruguay game in October!
No comments:
Post a Comment